Friday, December 14, 2007

Hot Tub Caution

I'd seen warning at the gym about not using the hot tub if you are on blood pressure medication...but didn't think it applied to just soaking in the bathtub. After using the chain saw for a while Wednesday, I woke up at 3am with terrible muscle pain and decided to soak in the tub. It helped greatly. However when I got out of the tub and stood up, I suddenly felt nauseous and dizzy, so I sat down on the toilet. Next thing I knew I was flat on my face on the cold floor. Got a fat lip, and sore chin and nose. Our PA friend called it Orthostatic Hypotension.

3 comments:

Khris said...

Ohh my goodness....thats scary stuff. Hope you have seen the doc and sorted this out. Wouldnt want that happening too often. Take care of yourself...hugs, Khris in Oz

Sweet P said...

First I can't imagine getting out of bed and into a hot tub at 3 am. Second, I'm glad I you didn't get hurt too bad.

Tracy said...

Yikes! I am glad you are okay! How scary! Hope you feel better soon.