Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year....a bit late!

Well, I finished my Christmas sewing at 9 p.m. Christmas Eve...2 skirts, 2 jumpers, one tote bag, and one vest done in 2 days time. The great news is they all fit and were liked by their recipients! Bad news...I didn't take pictures :-( Then I came down with a nasty cold that had me pretty well wiped out on Christmas day and the day after. I was starting to feel better by Thursday, and we got a call that DH's uncle had died, so DH and I made a trip to KY for the funeral. Left home Thursday evening and got back late Sunday. Then I caught a stomach bug for New Years and slept most of the day. Yesterday was my first day to be back to normal and we went to get bridesmaids dresses ordered. Today I actually made it into the sewing room, cleared off the cutting mat (not the whole table, but room to work), and put borders on a quillow top I'm doing for Mimi to give to her BF Matt. She wanted a pieced top for the quillow and I had these rows from the First row robin swap I did. My theme was orphan blocks. I had almost completely forgotten about these and found them when Mimi asked if I had any blocks she could use (although I am the one doing the sewing!) Anyway for the swap I asked for swappers to use their orphan blocks or if they didn't have any (!) they just make random sized blocks and then use filler blocks to put into a row 12" x 48". I sent along various scraps for the fabric they could use if they wanted. Now that I have the rows sewn together, I wonder why I didn't finish this sooner...I like how it looks. I hope Matt does!! I also got all the fabrics for Jannie's Wedding Rings quilt washed and dried. Tomorrow I start cutting!

2 comments:

TX Blu Sky said...

It really looks good! I'm having a deja-vu moment. I think I made that blue and gold star on the right in the third row. I think it was a long time ago, but I do believe I made it once for someone. Of course I could very well be wrong......

I do love how this turned out though! Diane

Tracey in CT said...

This is a really neat idea!