Friday, January 4, 2008
January Lotto string blocks done!
I'm still feeling a bit blah, but I did get into the sewing room and make 8 string blocks for the About.com BOM Lotto. 4 pairs of one dark and one light block per pair. I do like string quilts...maybe I should make one to keep for myself! Last one I did was for NAQG Community Projects...I took a bag of strings"no one wanted to mess with", sewed strips together and cut squares from the resulting fabric. Added some HST's and a somewhat off the wall layout. The colors were not anything I would have thought wold work together...strings of pinks,teals, rusts and HST of a minty green print and red with grey dots. Sounds bad, but I like the way it all worked out. The backing was from the guild stash...a huge poly blend calla lily print that had the colors from the top in it and a dark blue background. What a happy coincidence!