Thursday, January 29, 2009

Going Around in Circles


I feel like I'm stuck in a vicious circle. I need to get projects done, but it's too messy in the sewing room to work efficiently, so I start cleaning up and get just far enough to work on something, which creates more mess, so I'm paralyzed again and the cycle repeats....but I just can't make myself stop working on things until the sewing room is all done. Having just spent all that money on the sewing machine and fabric mover, I ought to be producing some finished products.

So yesterday I cleaned up a bit and decided to get a block done for the Birthday Block Swap. Amy requested circles in green, blue, purple,white and black color scheme...COOL! I wanted to try something new, so I pulled out the Jan Mullen's Magic Ballz book I bought last year and gave it a try. I pieced the circles on paper foundations, backed them with fusible interfacing, turned them, fused to the background and satin stitched in place. Then I cut away the background fabric to reduce bulk. The background was a 10" squarefrom a swap and of course the applique process shrank it slightly. Amy can trim to the size that works best for her (could be 9" finished, could be 8").

I rejoined the Stashbuster's list in hopes of motivating myself to use up stash and get things finished. Hopefully, now having DSL, I can keep up.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

fabulous! I love the circles! And you described my situation exactly! (horrific condition in sewing room.. cleaning a bit causes inspiration to work, not continue cleaning)blah blah I need a maid and a cook and then I'd be fine. Is that too much to ask?