Monday, January 19, 2009

Time Flies!

I haven't posted in a while. I attended the OKC WInter quilt show, and won a fat quarter pack as a doorprize. Nice! But better than that, I bought a new sewing machine. Itwas an impulse buy, but the price was too good to pass up. Denny agreed, and I am now the owner of a Husqvarna Viking Sapphire 85 with a Fab-U-Motion fabric mover system with stitch regulator. This machine has a 10" throat space and will be great for quilting. 137 stitches, 4 alphabets and lots of nice features. I only picked it u Wednesday afternoon, and we left Friday morning to visit Houston family, but I did get to play with the new machine a bit. I sewed 9 lotto blocks....the 1/4" stitch is dead on and they came out pefectly sized.



And then I pulled out a charity quilt that has been waiting to be quilted for a few years. I set up the fab-u-motion and did" scribble" quilting to get used to it...different designs on each block. There will be a learning curve to get good on this , but the stitch regulation worked well and the stitching looked good front and back.

2 comments:

frazzledsugarplummum said...

Hi Michelle,

Just popped over from the About forum. Love your blog. I have only just been looking at the Fab u motion but without the stitch regulator. i have a little Elna thats a few years old...no Phaff. I just haven't been able to decide whether it works or not. i don't know anyone who has one. Could you let me know what you think. Thanks
Sadia

TX Blu Sky said...

I think I love your new machine! You are skilled at free motion quilting before you bought this, correct? I have some things I'm thinking of downsizing on, and getting just one good machine. Bad time with the economy the way it is to sell/trade machines though.