Monday, January 3, 2011

The best laid plans

I had planned to spend New Year's eve sewing all day....but got off to a late start. I did finish my new black skirt...fit could be better but it will do for a while. Then I added a ruffle to a dress that was too short for Ginger. Turned out cute. Finally at about 10:00 pm. I got around to working on a quilt. I decided the stars on the design wall needed sashing and picked out fabric for that, but i needed to be washwed and ironed so i decised to work on the kit I brought home from community projects day at guild. 12 embroidered blocks alternating with 13 star print squares. Add a matching border and I had it done by 12:15 am. on January 1...a good way to ring in the new year!

I have the fabric picked out to back this and fabric ready to cut sashings for my stars on the wall. I also did get aprons cut out for Jackie and Seri...they are top of the list for sewing today as thay are Christmas presents and I want them there by the 12th day of Christmas. Seri is also getting a chefs hat. Those are on the agenda today as we get back into the normal routine. Denny is back to working 4pm-1am. I have nowhere to go today. I already did 45 minutes on the Wii fit so I am good to go for a sew-a-thon tonight!

And here is a picture of my January lotto blocks. These were very fun and easy to make. Even if i don't win tis months lotto, I suspect there are quilts of this block in my future!
One of these days I will find a plain flannel sheet for my design wall...until then the snowmen will have to do!

No comments: