Here is a picture of the quilt I brought home from Community projects on Monday to finish quilting.
I also brought home a couple of yards of red fabric to to use with some kid prints in a pattern I had seen on Stashbusters. I dug through my own and Mom's smaller pieces of kid prints and made this top, started Tuesday night, finished on Wednesday.
Simple 9" squares and 9-patch blocks. But a design wall is needed to layout the pieces for the 9-patch blocks to match the adjoining squares. It went together very quickly. I decided no border on this as it is already a good size for a baby/toddler at 45" square. I'll use a red binding to finish it off after quilting.
While going through the fabric I found one I really wanted to use, but the pieces weren't big enough for a 9" square. I remembered the Batting Buddy template I just got at the quilt show had a 7.5" square and thought "perfect! I can do 7.5" finished size 9 patches. So I proceeded to cut the twelve 7.5" squares and the 3" squares needed to make the 9-patch blocks. Sewed the 9-patch blocks and, lo and behold....they were 1/2 " larger than the 7.5" squares I had cut......OOPS! the large squres were cut size 7.5" and would finish at 7" I guess I shouldn't decide to start something new late at night! Not to worry...no seams to match up in this pattern so I just used the 7.5" square template and trimmed the 9-patch blocks down to the right size. If you look close you can tell. This one was started Thursday and finished this morning!
I had just enough of the red fabric left to use as a narrow( one-half inch) sashing in my liberated stars quilt. No pictures yet as it is still in the works, but should be ready for borders tonight...if I get back into the sewing room!