Monday, January 3, 2011

Progress!

I have Seri's apron and chef's hat finished. Of course Ginger is bigger than Serenity, but she is able to model them. The hat has a Velcro closure, so it is adjustable. The Chef's hat pattern was found at www.homespun-threads.com . I used Simplicity #2319 for the apron, but instead of using a single fabric as shown on the pattern, I used three fabrics and turned the casing/facing to the outside to get color along that edge. It turned out nicely with a boutique kind of look. Jackie's apron will match. The pattern has adult and child sizes in one envelope and it is an "It's so easy, It's Simplicity" pattern which is reasonably priced. I got mine at Wal-mart. I may finish Jackie's apron tonight, but I may wait until morning. I have a miserable cold, but I do want to get the gifts in the mail tomorrow as early as possible.

No comments: